About Us

My photo
Jolie is a knitting and homeware shop run by Linda Williams and Daniella Taylor. If you are interested in anything you see on this blog or would like to learn to knit or crochet please call us at the shop on 01438 861 717. We are open between 10am and 4pm Mon - Sat. To view our website, click on http link below.

Wednesday 9 February 2011

Still trying to finish crocheting a jumper for son James. In the mean time, to keep me going I've been fiddling around with some little projects. I did this pot holder from Debbie Bliss's book The Knitter's Year. Full of inspiration for quick ideas (52 infact - I could get very distracted). I blocked it and felt very professional. Actually it is really worth doing as it makes the knitting really flat and easy to work with.
Hey, presto! A pretty pot holder made with a remnant of fabric from Hitchin market. Better get back to the jumper - he keeps asking me how it's going......

2 comments:

  1. Dani that's lovely and the fabric is beautiful, but do people actually block their work? I'm just too impatient, I don't do tension squares either, oops!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna,
    I don't normally block things, but this was a bit curled up at the edges. It worked really well - particularly if you are backing with fabric, you get a great result and it makes it easier to work with. I am converted! Havn't got time for tension squares either though....
    Hope to see you soon. Lots of love,
    Dany x

    ReplyDelete